Monday, 4 January 2010

Kande Pohe

I am glad to be back to the Blogging world after a short break and would like to wish all of you a very happy new year!!! What better way to kickstart the new year post than the traditional breakfast favourite 'Kande Pohe'?
I am never tired of having 'Pohe' and infact, it's my patent breakfast every weekend.
I have seen 'Brown Poha' in stores, but am yet to try it.



Ingredients:

Thick Poha  / Rice Flakes
Onions, chopped
Potatoes, chopped
Green Peas
Green chillies
Curry Leaves
Turmeric Powder
Salt
Lime
Cumin seeds
Oil
Coriander / Cilantro for garnishing

Rinse the Poha with water using a sieve and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
Heat oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
Saute onions and potatoes and cover till they are cooked. Now add turmeric, poha, green peas and salt and cover for a few minutes.
Finish off with a generous dash of lime and fresh chopped coriander. Maharashtrians also use coconut for garnishing and it does taste yum.
Enjoy your bowl of Poha with hot masala chai!!!

17 comments:

Uma said...

mmm. looks absolutely delicious. Belated wishes for a happy new year 2010 to you and your family :)

A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine said...

That looks simple & delicious.

Pari said...

Wish you a very happy new year. Even I do not mind a plate of Kande poha anytime and your's looking good.
I have posted Indori kanda poha at my blog and I promise you it does taste good, have a look if you want to try.

Priya said...

Delicious kande pohe, one of my fav..had it long back..

Happy 2010 to u & ur family Mansi..

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Lovely photo. I make similar one. First time here you have a great blog. do drop in sometime.

Padhu said...

Simple and yummy breakfast!
Do drop by http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

Gulmohar said...

Comfort food..Happy New Year Mansi !!!

Sushma Mallya said...

I love to have this for breakfast,really a nice & delicious indian dish...Nice click mansi

Joanne said...

I am so glad you are back! Happy New Year!

What a great recipe to kick off your return! So full of flavor. Delicious.

Rachana Kothari said...

Hey!
The poha looks simple, healthy and delicious:)
Cheers and do visit,
Rachana
rachanakothari.blogspot.com

Nostalgia said...

This is quite new to me.. looks great and welcome back to blogging..:)

Rohan said...

Another Ms. Dalal in the making :-) Twist to the taste is so catchy, and so apt! I'm tagging the blog to my favourites as I can always try out the low fat varieties with ease, now that the wife is here :D

Usha said...

Kande poha looks inviting ! Happy New Year to you too !

Prathibha said...

First time here..Thanks for visiting my blog and getting me here...lovely poha..even I m not tired of poha..

sangeeta said...

Thanks Manasi for connecting with me at this point of time, it meant a lot !!

heramb said...

wow!....mala te pohe ata pahije

Manoj Singh said...

I prepared today this receipe.

Load Junction, load matching Services, Find Truck Loads, Find Freight and Trucks